Field Applications Engineer
Location: Paktron Capacitors, 1205 McConville Rd. Lynchburg, Virginia
In existence for over 60 years, Paktron is one of the oldest capacitor manufacturers in the US. Paktron is the technological leader in the manufacturer of multilayer polymer film capacitors and sells across diverse markets including automotive, commercial, Hi-Rel, military, space and telecommunications. Products featured are the Angstor® Capacitor (miniature radial leaded capacitor), Capstick® Capacitor (lead-frame capacitor), Surfilm® Capacitor (surface mount chip capacitor) and the oldest, most widely recognized trademark in the industry for an RC (resistor-capacitor) snubber networks, Paktron’s Quencharc® Capacitor (RC network snubber capacitor).
Paktron is seeking a Field Applications Engineer who has the technical and Sales Marketing focus to join our team. The position is responsible for developing new customers and application opportunities that result in new business for Paktron. The position will interface directly with circuit designers in the field and provide technical support and guidance to the Paktron Distribution Sales team. The position will work with Paktron’s factory to specify, select and analyze the costs and market for new applications/products. Additionally the position will perform technical capability presentations to OEM customers, Distributors, trade shows and technology symposiums.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with customers to develop customer specific solutions resulting in the design-in of Paktron products.
- Analyze customer application requirements and work with Paktron factory to determine project feasibility.
- Develop product and program implementation plans.
- Keep current with the latest technology.
- Track, monitor, and communicate the status of project and design activities
- Support application development activities.
- Build credibility with customer base so they continually use Paktron as a primary source.
- Consistently provide product training for distribution sales teams
- Participate in the marketing activities of the company.
- Attend trade shows and technology symposiums.
- Accompany the distribution sales team on customer visits.
- Assist Marketing/Sales with forecasting and sales budgeting
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Four year Engineering Degree required, preferably in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Electrical engineering experience/aptitude desired.
- Three to five years of experience in technical marketing/sales preferably related to electronic design and/or component manufacturing preferred
Background and Experience:
- Requires knowledge of electronic components and their proper selection in both analog and digital power and pass filter circuitry.
- Familiar with snubber circuitry theory and bypass products for circuit protection would be desired.
- Industry experience in selecting/specifying capacitors for power electronics would be beneficial.
- Power systems experience preferred
Special Qualifications and Requirements:
- Requires excellent communication and relationship building skills at the Sales and customer level.
- Ability to travel 50% to 75% of the time within the Americas Region. Occasional travel overseas may be required.
- Ability to work independently when required.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 CFR 120.15 is required
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume to Terry Martin firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Terry at 434.239.6941 Ext 2131. Paktron Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.