Job Posting – Product Engineer
Location: Paktron Capacitors, 1205 McConville Rd. Lynchburg, Virginia
Technical Support for Product, Materials & Quality Engineering
The role of the Product Engineer is to provide technical support; to our Field Applications Engineers on performance and “design in” issues, on the manufacturing floor responding to process control and materials issues, and to provide leadership in the Quality Assurance department.
The Product Engineer should have an understanding of passives components and a technical knowledge base for effectively understanding electronic components. An ability to work with Field Applications Engineering, manufacturing and quality personnel is essential.
- Works with Field Applications Engineering to develop customer specific solutions resulting in the design-in of Paktron products.
- Analyze technological requirements for the development and testing of Paktron products.
- Work with Paktron manufacturing to determine project feasibility.
- Keep current with the latest technology.
- Maintain the “Toll Gate” process requirements, develop product and program implementation plans.
- Track, monitor, and communicate the status of projects and design activities.
- Manage personnel in the Quality Assurance department and oversee product testing.
- Respond to customer quality and compliance questions and surveys.
- Bachelor of Science Degree w/5 years min experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Direct work experience with electronic components is desirable.
- Must have good organizational skills for effectively managing product development and testing.
- Requires good interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 CFR 120.15 is required.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com . Paktron Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.